Nadur Youngsters F.C.
Xewkija Tigers F.C.
Victoria Hotspurs F.C.
Xaghra United F.C.
S.K. Victoria Wanderers
F.C. Gharb Rangers
The Victoria Hotspurs Football Club was formed in December 1948 by Dr. Antoine Mercieca M.D. with the help of Mr. Gigi Xuereb and Mr. Alfred Attard. The Club’s original name was Victoria Hotspur, since its first Club President, Dr. Antoine Mercieca M.D., was a fervent supporter of Tottenham Hotspur, an English football club in London that competes in the Premier League.
Nicknamed The Hospitals, Victoria Hotspur had its first premises in the old Gozo Hospital in St. Francis Square, Victoria. In the first three matches, players wore brand new white shirts borrowed from the Gozo Hospital. Later on, red shirts with white sleeves, together with white shorts, were bought from the sister island of Malta.
Victoria Hotspurs Football Club played its first friendly match against the Salesian Youths, losing 1-2. Its first official Gozo Football League match was against Ghajnsielem Rangers on the 30th January 1948, with Victoria Hotspurs winning the game 2-1. After finishing second to Salesian Youths, Victoria Hotspurs won their first Galea Cup after defeating RAF(Gozo) 6-1.More info